Austrian fittings specialist moves to new location in Mumbai
Modern Woodwork Team has visited and covered the the Opening Ceremony in Mumbai. We are pleased to present this special feature along with exclusive photos.
Austrian fittings specialist Blum is a market leader in the furniture fittings industry. During the last business year, the company exported 97% of its products. With 28 subsidiaries around the world , the latest subsidiary to join Blum’s international group is Blum India. “For us, India is an important future market. We believe in the great potential of the Indian market. That’s why we decided to invest in Mumbai and ensure that we are on site to cater to customers’ needs,” commented Managing Director Philipp Blum at the official opening in Mumbai on 27 April. Thanks to modern workplaces, a state-of-the-art training centre and an impressive 200 sq. metre (2,150 sq. ft.) showroom, Blum India believes that it is well equipped to meet growing market requirements. Blum will continue to work with its longstanding partner Häfele India to fill customers with enthusiasm for Blum products. “Blum and Häfele have worked well together since 2004. We jointly take care of the whole of India and neighbouring countries, such as Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan. And we’ll continue to do so in future,” said Martin Herr, Managing Director of Blum India, pointing out the close collaboration with its longstanding sales partner.
Blum India in facts and figures: Incorporation:
Blum has had its own subsidiary in India since 2016
Collaboration with Häfele India since 2004
Management: Martin Herr, Managing Director of Blum India
Address: Times Square building, Ground & 1st floor, Western Express Highway, Mumbai 400069, T +91 2246107000, F +91 2246107099
Employees: 10 , Floor space: 400 sq. metres (4,300 sq. ft.) in total; 200 sq. metres (2,150 sq. ft.) of offices and training centre and 200 sq. metres (2,150 sq. ft.) of showroom
Blum products: Lift systems (AVENTOS for bi-fold lift, up & over lift, lift and flap stay variations)
- Hinge systems (the latest generation: CLIP top BLUMOTION with integrated dampening for various applications with different opening angles)
- Pull-out systems (LEGRABOX in different finishes, TANDEMBOX with three programme lines, and the two runner systems for drawers and pull-outs made from wood MOVENTO and TANDEM)
The high-tech fittings are also available in combination with various motion technologies
- BLUMOTION, for gentle and quiet closing of furniture fronts
- SERVO-DRIVE, the electrical motion support for pull-outs and stay lifts
- TIP-ON BLUMOTION, mechanical opening combined with gentle and quiet closing
- TIP-ON, the mechanical opening support for pull-outs, doors and stay lifts
- With its consistent investment in research and development, Numerous Blum inventions and product developments are considered milestones in furniture manufacture, such as Blumotion, the award-winning dampening system for gentle and quiet closing of pull-outs, doors and lifts that received the European Inventor Award for hinge systems from the European Patent Office (EPO) in May 2013. The annual expenditure for research & development is about 4% of the turnover.
New subsidiary, new premises: The new BLUM subsidiary which has moved to new offices in Mumbai on 27th April , clearly showing Blum’s commitment to the Indian market. The state-of-the-art training centre and an impressive 200 sq. metre (2,150 sq. ft.) showroom, Blum India believes that it is well equipped to meet growing market requirements.