West Africa’s Leading Platform for Wood and Forestry Transformation
In the Heart of Africa
75 + Exhibitors
5,000 + Visitors
30 + Participating Countries
Gabon Wood, Woodworking & Forestry Show 2018 offers you the chance to meet wood, woodworking and forestry professionals, develop ideas for increasing the range and quality of your business, and learn new techniques and sources of supply. It is a quest to be the best platform for creative ideas and new technologies, and showcase innovative resources that would lead to lucrative transactions.
Gabon is a bustling business hub with rapid development and expansion. It is the ideal place for the global wood industry to meet. The exhibition would display the latest products and innovations in the wood and forestry industry in the region.
WoodShow is one of the important international events dedicated to the woodworking technology. Eumabois supports this event by many editions observing every time satisfaction among the exhibitors. Middle East became one of the strategic destinations for European industry of woodworking machines and tools and Dubai is the perfect place for the meeting between demand and supply. A special mention must be made for the organization of this event, very rational and suitable to the exhibitors and visitors needs.
The attendance was in line with expectations while the technological offer is growing. For the next years, we expect a further improvement.
I’m sure we’ll see you all again in 2018 as we are hoping to increase even more our business.
Dr. Luigi De Vito
Vice President, Eumabois
TIMBER TRADE IN WEST AFRICA
The West and Central Africa sub-region is an important producer of wood products, although production is dominated by industrial round wood and primary processing (mainly the production of sawn wood and wood-based panels). Historically, countries in the sub-region have been log exporters.
Timber trade in the West and Central Africa sub-region is influenced by local, regional and overseas demands, with Europe being an important market for the major producing countries in the region. Much of the demand for wood product in the region is for rough-sawn and low-grade timber used in construction and joinery with regional markets.
Boasting the second highest forestry potential in Africa, Gabon’s forests cover 22.8 million hectares which is 88% of the country’s land surface. 12.5 million hectares are suitable for the sustainable harvest of timber. Commercial timber stocks are estimated at 400 million m³, of which 130 million m³ is okoumé, known worldwide for the production of plywood. Approximately, 80 different species of trees are currently exploited. 400 other species are considered as potentially exploitable. The West Africa WoodShow aims to transform Gabon into a world leader in certified tropical timber production. This will be achieved through an industrial strategy aimed at sustainably managing timber stocks and by promoting secondary and tertiary processing. The timber industry is already the largest private sector employer, employing 28% of the working population, and represents an extremely significant growth potential.
10 REASONS TO EXHIBIT
- Gabon enjoys a strategic geographical position in West and Central Africa, acting as a gateway to a regional market of more than 250 million consumers
- Government of Gabon aims to build on its political and social stability to become an emerging country by 2025
- All necessary facilities are present – hotels, public transport, international airport
- Easy online visa application and approval
- Exhibition will have key features (workshops, conference etc.) prevailing in international events
- Connect with key visitors from the wood industry having purchasing authority
- Establish new contacts and expand your business reach by meeting relevant business partners (suppliers, manufacturers, trade associations and institutions)
- Learn about latest industry trends, technologies and products at display by interacting with industry experts
- Strong opportunities to close onsite business deals with serious buyers
- Get special brand recognition and promotion through an intense regional and international marketing campaign
EXHIBITION KEY FEATURES
- First Wood, Woodworking Machinery & Forestry Equipment specialized exhibition in West and Central Africa
- Exhibition venue to be located in the heart of Capital City of Libreville
- Total space of 5,000 Sqm for the first edition
- Expecting 5,000+ professional visitors
Gathers wood, woodworking machinery and forestry professionals from 40+ countries to showcase their offerings.
Facilitates discussion and exchange of ideas, trends and information about latest advancements in the wood and furniture industry.
Offers extensive exposure to budding woodworking entrepreneurs to boost their business.
Online & Onsite Business Matchmaking
Allows online networking through a virtual platform which materialises to face to face interactions with over 5,000 participants during the event.
Each participating exhibitor gets the unique opportunity to execute a business presentation to a significant and relevant target market.
Top-notch industry names mark their presence in an evening filled with fine food and music enjoying the African atmosphere. The core focus is to enhance networking within the global wood industry.
• Woodworking machinery and tools • Forestry Machines, Trucks • Timber Transport and other Vehicles • Cropping and Harvesting Machines • Saw Millers
• Hardwood and Softwood Flooring, Plywood and Veneer • MDF, Laminates and Boards • Wood Suppliers
• Finishing and Fittings • Furniture • Manufacturers
• Paints, Adhesives and Glues
• Associations and Governmental Entities
• Wood Energy • Software • Forestry training, Education,Information & Consulting services
• Trade publishers • Trade press and Specialized Literature
• All types of Engineering Machinery & Equipment Manufacturers • Architects • Builders & Developers
• Consultants • Research Organizations • Education & Training Institutes • Exporters & Importers • Forestry Officials • Furniture Manufacturers • Hardware Distributors, Dealers and Manufacturers • Industry Associations • Interior Designers & Decorators
• Manufacturers of Wood-based Articles
• Manufacturers, Distributors & Dealers of Furniture Fittings • Packaging Industry • Plywood & Particle Board Manufacturers and Traders • Saw Millers • Wood Workers, Craftsmen
ULTRA-MODERN & EFFICIENT INFRASTRUCTUREIN AFRICA
It is beside the cosmopolitan capital Libreville, and entirely dedicated to business, where your company will grow and thrive.
80 companies, domestic and international, have already settled in Nkok SEZ.
Main sectors in which companies have invested: timber, metallurgy, recycling, civil engineering and construction, pharmaceutical and cosmetics, IT & telecomunications, hydrocarbon, finance, tertiary services and many more.
INCENTIVES FOR INVESTORS
The Gabonese Government has granted fiscal incentives and a favourable legal framework for units settling in the SEZ.
- 0% Corporate income tax for the first ten years
- 0% Customs duty on import of equipment and machinery for industries
- 1 Single Window Clearance Authority
- No restriction on repatriation of profits out of Gabon
GSEZ SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE
- 1126 HA Multi-sectoral industrial park for economic development
- GSEZ provides investors with industrial plots (on freehold basis as well as rent) and they can rely on world-class industrial infrastructure provided at Nkok SEZ.
POSITIONING AND ACCESS ROADSA
- At 27km from the capital city of Libreville, the 1,126 ha multi-sectorial Special Economic Zone (SEZ) of NKOK is perfectly located, especially for our customers receiving raw material from inside the country.
- The zone developed 1,093 ha in 2 phases: Phase 1: 591 ha and Phase 2: 502 ha.